Samsung Pay FAQs
- Which St.George cards are eligible to be added to Samsung Pay™?
- Which phones or devices can I use Samsung Pay on?
- What is Samsung Pay and how does it work?
- Where can I find out more information about Samsung Pay?
- What do I need to successfully add a card to Samsung Pay?
- Why do I need to complete verification when I add my card to Samsung Pay?
- How secure is a Samsung Pay transaction?
- Why am I seeing a message to call my bank?
- What is a Digital Card Number and how is it different from my physical card number?
- I can see my card in Samsung Pay but my transaction is declining. Why?
- Why isn’t my Samsung Pay payment being processed when I tap on the contactless terminal?
- Are the Samsung Pay transaction limits and PIN the same as the physical card?
- I’ve received a reissued or replacement St.George physical card, do I need to update my card information with Samsung Pay?
- My physical card has expired. Do I need to re-enrol it in Samsung Pay?
- Can I add multiple cards to Samsung Pay on my Samsung device?
- Can I add my card on multiple devices and wallets?
- Can I use Samsung Pay as a backup when I lose my card?
- Can I use Samsung Pay if I am overseas in the same way I would in Australia?
- Are there any fees or charges for adding my card to Samsung Pay?
- Do I need to use my card PIN with Samsung Pay?
- Can I view my transactions in Samsung Pay?
- Why doesn’t the card number on the merchant’s receipt match my physical card number?
- Can I add my loyalty cards to Samsung Pay?
- Do I still get reward points when I use Samsung Pay?
- Can I use Samsung Pay to make contactless payments for transit?
- Do I need an internet connection to make payments through Samsung Pay?
- How do I remove a card from Samsung Pay?
- My device has been lost or stolen. How can I keep my card in Samsung Pay safe?
- What if I want to sell my mobile device and get a new one?
- How will my personal information be shared with Samsung?
- What Terms and Conditions apply to using Samsung Pay?
- Can I take cash out using my Debit card with Samsung Pay?
- Using Samsung Pay with your St.George Visa Debit card
- How do I change my payment network to Visa or eftpos?
- What is the difference between selecting eftpos rather than the Visa payment option for my Visa debit card?
* As at 7 April 2020, the Samsung Pay transaction limit has been temporarily increased from $100 to $200. This is a temporary increase, that is being progressive rolled out, and will be only available on certain cards and payment terminals at certain retailers. Customers are encouraged to follow the prompts at each terminal to determine whether a PIN is required. This increase to the Samsung Pay limit is part of an industry-wide response to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
© St.George - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714