Manage an existing credit card FAQs
If you are an existing cardholder, you can learn how to add cardholders, report lost or stolen cards, manage your credit card security, and more.
- How do I add another cardholder?
- How do I report a lost or stolen card?
- How do I set or change a PIN for my card?
- What about credit card fraud?
- How is my card protected against fraud?
- Is it safe to use my card for online shopping?
- What do I do if I think someone has used my card for fraud?
- What can I do to keep my credit card secure?
- How do I set up SMS and Email Alerts?
- How do I increase or decrease my credit card limit?
- What should I consider when travelling?
- How do I make the most of the Interest free days?
- How long could it take to repay my credit card balance?
- How do I activate my card?
- How do I close my credit card?
- What is the difference between cancelling my credit card and closing my credit card account?
- What is the difference between an outstanding balance as at a given date and the Closing Balance?
- What do I need to do before I close a credit card account?
- What should I be aware of when I close my credit card account?
- What happens to my Rewards Points after I close my account?
- What should I do if I have a positive balance on my credit card account and I want to close that account?
- What happens to the additional credit card on my credit card account when I close the account?
- Will I still receive statements after I close my credit card account?
- Will I still be able to see my closed credit card account in Internet Banking?
- I have closed my credit card account but there have been amounts debited to the account?
- I have closed my credit card account, why am I still being charged interest?
- Will I still be able to see my closed credit card account in Online banking?
- Why is there a credit card account with an outstanding balance on my online banking after I have closed the account?
- What happens to Apple Pay/Samsung Pay/Google Pay when I close my linked credit card account?
- Can I close my business credit card online?
- I do not have a St.George transaction account. How can I make an online payment into my credit card account on closure?
- I closed my credit card account on a certain date and paid the balance owing on the day. Why does my latest statement show that I still have outstanding amounts owing?
- Why are fees, charges, and/or interest still being debited to my credit card after I closed it?
- Why are transactions being passed on my credit card account after I closed it?
- I have lost my credit card or suspect that it has been stolen. Should I use the online credit card closure facility to close the credit card account?
- Why is there a positive balance on my card after I have paid the outstanding balance and closed the Credit Card account?
- Why can’t I close my Credit Card in Online Banking?
- How do I change to another credit card?
- What will happen when my card expires? Can I get a replacement online?
- When is my annual Card Fee date?
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
Your welcome letter will also set out some terms and conditions such as interest rates and fees
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
1.Complimentary Insurance covers: AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631, trading as Allianz Global Assistance (AGA), under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz), has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac) which allows eligible persons to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Access to the benefit of cover under the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance is provided to eligible St.George cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). If an eligible persons wishes to claim any of these benefits, they will be bound by the eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions contained in the Complimentary Insurance Policy Information booklet which may be amended from time to time. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz. Westpac does not guarantee this insurance. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it.
Mastercard®, Mastercard® SecureCode™ and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Visa® and Verified by Visa® are registered trademarks of Visa incorporated in the United States and other countries.