Payment solutions FAQs
Answers to frequently asked questions about temporarily increasing contactless ‘tap-and-go’ card limits
- What is happening?
- Why is this happening?
- What advice should I be giving my customers if they ask about contactless ‘tap-and-go’ payments?
- How will I know when the EFTPOS terminal has been updated?
- How soon can St.George increase the contactless limit on my terminal?
- Will there be an increased liability to me for fraudulent transactions?
- Will there be any changes to fraud rules and chargeback rights as a result of this change?
- How can I keep my EFTPOS terminal clean?
Answers to frequently asked questions about our payment solutions
- Why do you offer a single flat rate for EFTPOS card transactions?
- As a start-up business, are there any extra requirements for getting a payment solution?
- What cards will I be able to accept with a payment solution?
- Does it cost me extra to accept American Express® and Diners® Cards?
- What do I need to provide when applying for a payment solution?
- How do I apply for a payment solution?
- How long does it take to process my application?
- Do I need to have a St.George bank account?
- What's ‘same day settlement’?
- Can I choose when my payment solution settles for the day?
- What's a 'chargeback'?
- Can my payment solution integrate with my accounting packages?
- I don't have a fixed location - do you have a payment solution for me?
- What's 'PCI-DSS'?
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express.
Diners® is a registered trademark of Diners Club International, Inc.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard Worldwide 1994-2010.
1. For transactions settled before 9pm.
2. Subject to system maintenance and availability.