COVID-19 Support: You can now use the contactless ‘tap and go’ function on your card for purchases up to $200# (from the previous limit of $100). This is a temporary increase that is being progressively rolled out, and will be only available on certain St.George cards and payment terminals at certain retailers, so simply follow the prompts at each terminal to determine whether a PIN is required.
Temporary increase to the contactless transaction limit
- What is the contactless “tap and go” transaction limit?
- Why have St.George changed the contactless limit?
- I just went to two different stores and they had different contactless limits. Should I be worried?
- Why can’t the contactless limit increase be rolled out across all cards and retailers at once?
- Has the contactless limit been increased on all St.George cards?
- How will I know if a retailer has the new contactless limit?
- How close does the card or device need to be to the EFTPOS terminal?
Using your PIN
- What is a PIN?
- Why use a PIN?
- Do I need a PIN when using contactless technology?
- How many digits are used?
- How do I choose a secure PIN?
- How do I set my own PIN online for a new card?
- Will the additional cardholder’s PIN be the same?
- How do I change my existing PIN online?
- I forgot my PIN, how do I get a new one?
- Do I need to change my PIN for a replacement card(s)? What should I do with my old card(s)?
- Can I get a PIN issued online or by email?
- What if I can’t use Internet or Mobile banking?
- Will the PIN I use for making purchases be the same as the PIN used for cash withdrawals at the ATM?
- Can I use a PIN to make card transactions through the internet or over the telephone?
- Does my business or commercial card have a PIN?
- Will I be able to withdraw cash on a business or commercial credit card?
- Can I use my PIN to log into my Internet Banking account?
- Can I use my PIN to log into my Phone Banking?
- What if someone has seen my PIN?
# As at 7 April 2020, the contactless transaction limit has been temporarily increased from $100 to $200. This is a temporary increase that is progressively being rolled out and will be only available on certain St.George cards and payment terminals at certain retailers. Customers are encouraged to follow the prompts at each terminal to determine whether a PIN is required. This increase to the contactless limit is part of an industry-wide response to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
^ Available at all St.George ATMs attached to a branch, and selected ATMs not attached to a branch. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. PayPass™ is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.